Monday 22 February 2010

Storyboard Project

I've been a busy little bee in the evenings and have managed to nearly complete our storyboard project, even though it's not due in for the 12th of March. I thought I'd get it out of the way so that I can focus on my Flash and 3D, which I know will take me a lot longer and be considerably harder because of my lack of skills. (Having said that though, I've just completed the second character's lip-sync, so I don't think I'm doing too badly, if you want to watch it, you can see it at my YouTube account, here. 3D, well I suck so bad, so let's not go there....)

We had to choose from 3 scripts to turn one into a storyboard, and so, (despite having never seen the TV program, or being any good at drawing cars...) I chose to do the 'Knightrider' script.
Derek said that it would be a good idea to familiarise ourselves with the script before attempting to storyboard, so I printed out the script and then drew all over the top of it as the ideas came to when reading through.



(They're probably massive previews, because my scanner likes to make things ludicrously big in its bid to kill those with a slow internet connection, so click on them for a full preview... if you dare!)

I realise now, after reading the brief again, that I need to go over my drawings in pen or something, though I'm quite tempted to leave them as they are, because I think pen might ruin them a bit. I love the blue animation pencil too much. But, here is the finished(ish) storyboards (edited so they should be a reasonable preview size... I hope):










No comments:

Post a Comment